Emigrating to the United States via the EB-5 Visa allows you and your family to live, work or retire anywhere within the United States. It allows a person and his or her immediate family to obtain a green card (live permanently in the US) by investing in an enterprise that creates jobs for US citizens. The minimum amount of money to invest is $500,000 if you invest in a rural or high unemployment area. The EB-5 immigrant investor visa attracts foreign capital into the USA and creates jobs for American workers.
For foreign investors seeking the freedom and flexibility to live and work in the United States, the EB-5 Visa Program provides an excellent opportunity to obtain Green Cards. A Green Card provides Permanent Residency for the applicant, his or her spouse and any offspring under the age of 21. The EB5 investment visa route to a green card avoids the usual requirement of having family connections, securing a job or running an actively traded business – making it a viable route to retirement.
ADVANTAGES OF AN EB-5 VISA
- No Quota Backlogs. There are many delays and backlogs for employment and family based green card categories but there is no backlog for the EB-5 Visa Investor category.
- No Sponsor Needed. Foreign investors use their own personal funds and do not require sponsorship from either an employer or a family member.
- Permanent Residency. Foreign investors may enter a limited partnership with few or no day-to-day management responsibilities for their investment program. This allows foreign investors to live and work in the United States in any capacity.
REGIONAL CENTER PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Unlike the Basic EB-5 Visa Program that requires the investment of at least $1 million in a new commercial enterprise, the EB-5 Regional Center Program involves a passive investment of $500,000 made in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) within a Designated Regional Center. All of the projects listed on this site are designated EB-5 Regional Center Programs.
- A direct route to a Green Card
- No day-to-day business management
- Permanent residency in the United States for you, your partner and any children under 21
- Live, work and retire anywhere in the United States
- Become a U.S Citizen after 5 years of being a green card holder
- Each Regional Center program must be pre-approved by CIS (Citizen and Immigration Services) in order to be eligible to qualify for EB-5 Green Cards
- The EB-5 policy management requirement is minimal in that the investor can be a limited partner and still qualify as long as the limited partners have a policy-making role. Thus, for those who are not interested in day-to-day management or running an active business, Regional Center programs offer a more acceptable inactive form of investment.
- The investor is not required to live in the place of investment; rather, he or she can live wherever he/she wishes in the United States.
- The EB-5 Regional Center program is ideal for the retiree or inactive investor due in large part to the “indirect employment” feature of this program. The Regional Center Program removes the employee requirement of the Regular program and replaces it with a less restrictive “indirect employment creation,” which allows the investor to qualify by proving a combination of 10 direct and/or indirect employees.
Contact us for more details.